Seriously, I’m ready to start burning flags.

Because what we have here, folks, is Vietnam.  A war that we will not win, which we seem to still be in only because of the hubris of our own bloated government.

I mean, really.  I was listening to a program about tapes from the 1960s that were recently declassified where Lyndon Johnson is on the phone/meeting with different high level military people and I was astounded by the influence of the “we cannot appear weak” reasoning for staying involved in Vietnam.  It made me a little sick to my stomach.  Does anyone really think another country would say to themselves, “well, the U.S. can’t win in Vietnam/Afghanistan/etc. so we should go invade them because obviously they can’t defend themselves.”

It’s ludicrous.

This entry was posted in fuck John Stossel, war. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Seriously, I’m ready to start burning flags.

1. JC says:

Burning flags, threatening big Mo, I like it, I like it. Your our new PR manager.

2. Bob says:

As the new PR manager for SoT, I would like to make the following announcement:
    If you ladies still want to be allowed to step on and off the elevator first, and want dudes to hold doors open for you, then quit with this equal pay for equal work thing. It’s bullshit.

3. Bob says:

Who picks up the boxes of copy paper when they get delivered to the office? Nobody with a vagina, I can tell you that. Bitches.

4. Schniggitty says:

So, I guess not many vaginas frequent this blog.

5. Bob says:

Probably not, Schnig. I just fired myself as the PR Manager at SoT. But I got rehired because our HR department lets seemingly everything fall through the cracks. My new title is Comandante of Dixie Cups.

6. JC says:

I’ll note that lots of guys I’ve worked with grow vaginas right around the time the box of paper / water cooler jug needs a’carryin.